application: domon (blacklisted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

application: domon (blacklisted)

Post by domon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 am

1. In game name: domon fluttershy (I make it a point to change my last name every wipe, reserved "domon fluttershy" for release)

2. Real life age: 25

3 Approximate character skills: high moderate (confident in my skill in fights, but know that I don't know everything there is to know about the game yet)

4 Darkfall playstyle: Doing everything I need to do to stay competitive while maximizing progression gain. Outside of that, I like to make my own fun in games I play and one of the reason why I play darkfall is the potential to do so. I'm hoping my blocking encumbered crafter mini game takes off.

5 How long have you been playing DF? Since this beta was released, played the original beta back in 09 but never bought the game because no one i knew wanted to play it.

6 What other clans have you been in? (What did you like/dislike?)

I don't like/dislike clans, I like/dislike people. That being said, I have a very diplomatic personality and have a high tolerant of an in individual's quirkiness.

First serious guild was clan IKK(international killing krew), played AoC, WAR, and some minor mmo with them. Still semi rl friends with everyone I knew from there, but they all have real life to pursuit and was never the nolifer that I was.

Applied to "grudge" RIFT because no one i knew was going to play it so i figure I start fresh. I also remember fighitng them on WAR and that they were one of the good order guild on REM. I prefer to play MMO with people I know rather than joining a new clan, but since no one i knew was going to play RIFT I want to know how far I can get with a group of hardcore players. Our guild pretty much got most of the shard first and I was part of the pve progression before I decided to focus on pvp. Guild reorganized to awakening and I was the only person in the guild to pursuit pvp progression while the rest of the guild clear pve content. I though the guild would place equal importance on pvp and pve, but after a month of playing no one else in the guild was interested in serious pvp progression so I quit. I'm still good friends with the people i pvp with on RIFT, and I'm waiting for this game to go out of debug and become presentable before I try to sell it to my friends.

7 Personal Info: (Gaming history, play schedule, job, or whatever else you want to share)

I'm going to list my most memorable momments in MMO history because I played so many that can't recall a complete list from memory.

Anarchy Online: my first mmo and is still the best scifi mmo I've played. Didn't do anything spectacular because I was around 16 back then and new to the whole pc gaming scene, spent most of my childhood on Japanese rpg because I didnt get internet till the early 2000s. Most notable achievements I ever did in that game was solo farm one of the boss in that subway dungeon for the ring that was worth a lot of money back in the day that even the high level players were buying to twink or something.

GW: First serious pvp mmo, best structured pvp mmo I've played. The only game where I can say that i've competeted against people from other countries. I wasn't good any good back then for most of it but before I quit i was in a guild that got to top 10 in the world for like a day and get to play a fun game against the world champion of the day, one of the korean guild evil or Warmachine, I forgot which one 9we got demolished of-course). I basically lucked into a guild that has connections, but since i had everything unlocked they use me for gvg. I did as i was told and we beat a top 10 guild in the world in a few gvg.

wow: one of my GW friend convinced me to play wow after I did everything there is to do in GW. I would just like to forget everything about this game because I learn very little from it and basically spent 2 years fucking around not doing anything of note.

Age of conan: hit 80 early on and pvp against the top guilds for farm spot and other dumb shit. My first real ffa pvp game. We were on the server with dread, die, cobra. This was basically my first Introduction to ffa pvp and a taste of what the game dynamic was like being part of the first group of ppl to level cap.

I came back to aoc when the expansion came out and had to change my in game name to "mewtoo" because of the server merges. Grinded the structured pvp from nothing, because the pvp system wasn't implemented when I quit, to rank 5 where I can get some pvp gear. While undergeared and fairly new to the game because we quit early, my group of friends manage to compete and beat premades of top guilds that has rank8-9 gear. If anyone played AoC shortly before the expansion was release and during the expansion on tyranny server, you might remember the whole "mewtoo #1" thing that I started.

WAR: PvP grind to max level, then play follow the zerg for rp like everyone else on destruction REM. I think this is the game that I saw "blacklisted" in, not sure if it was you guys. Fought a bunch of scenerios against blacklisted and the only thing I remember about them was that they had a bright wizard name oakey and were mowing down everything (bright wizard were really broken back then). Meet the dude again in Rift and I still have him on my friend list in LoL, great gamer. We were in a small guild IKK and allied with draken rising. We clear all of the pve progression with 2 of their members, one of which I'm still good friends with now. Quit WAR after a month or 2 like everyone else because we did everything pve had to offer and pvp was basically keep flipping and server crashes during fortress seige. I

A bunch of mmo I practically have no memory of besides knowing that I played them or not if they were mentioned. This includes the original darkfall launch. I played the beta for the original darkfall and felt the mechanics still very unrefined for me to play long term, so I didn't play the game on live. Doesn't help when none of my friends wanted to play with me at launch.

Rift: I was the 2rd or 3th person on the shard to hit max pvp rank. Meet some of the best gamers and friends I know from Rift, we got an amazing healer who was the guardian's first rank 6 to reroll defiant and play with us, best gamer I know and we're still good friend.

SWTOR: Not much to say, server second to level cap because I was playing alone and the guy above me was dual grinding so they could clear all the group content and I couldn't. Rerolled a bunch of alt to play through the story and then quit. Swtor was worth it to play for the story, not much else.

TERA: almost forgot about this one, got to level cap, cleared all the pve content, no political system or pvp area implemented at launch, so the only thing to do was 1 shot low levels outside lumbercamp, or grind rep for gear. I choose the 3rd choice and quit.

8 What you are looking for in clan?

Dedicated people to play with. I'm not looking for people who are on 24/7, but I'm looking for people who take the game seriously and at least try to become top players.

9 What can Absolution do for you?

Clue me in on all the minor details of the game, have active players that's focus on bettering themselves and the people around them (in darkfall that is, but I'm pretty sure it applies to real life also)

domon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: application: domon (blacklisted)

Post by Zabulus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am

blacklisted i played with where cool Smile

we must spread our principles, not with words but with deeds, for this is the most popular, the most potent, and the most irresistible form of propaganda. "Bakunin"

-Cagori Rei

Zabulus
Dearly Departed Abso in Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Back Stabath on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 am

spy

Back Stabath
Forumlurker 1500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzik on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am

I played Anarchy Online for a good while as well. I really miss those old MMO's where it REALLY felt like its own world, instead of different zones hashed together.

Can you elaborate on this mini-game? Sounds fun ; )

Uzik
Grand Inquisitor Diplomatypus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slavyn on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Please find the email you received from the website and register your user name. If you have no said email, please check your spam folder.

Slavyn
Battlefield 4/Origin:  xWildWoodx
XBox One: Ix TiTAN xl (ix Titan xL)

Slavyn
silk boxers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by domon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

ya, nothing in my inbox or spam besides the initial registration email. And hey, you live like an hour from me, second person i meet on darkfall that lives in PA, meet a dude when beta first started who was in reading.

PA representing.

EDIT:

The respond post i made to uzik disappeared so I'm going to retype it to make sure in case it doesn't show up again.

anarchy online : temple of the 3 winds, the last 2 years of my high school is spent in that place, I was so sad when my main leveled out of it that i kept rerolling different classes to go back in there.

encumbered racing, the mini-game: you have teams of 2 people, a blocker and a runner. The runner has to be encumbered and the blocker block the other team's runner. First runner to make it back to the bank and unload their mats win.

domon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzik on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

domon wrote:ya, nothing in my inbox or spam besides the initial registration email. And hey, you live like an hour from me, second person i meet on darkfall that lives in PA, meet a dude when beta first started who was in reading.

PA representing.

EDIT:

The respond post i made to uzik disappeared so I'm going to retype it to make sure in case it doesn't show up again.

anarchy online : temple of the 3 winds, the last 2 years of my high school is spent in that place, I was so sad when my main leveled out of it that i kept rerolling different classes to go back in there.

encumbered racing, the mini-game: you have teams of 2 people, a blocker and a runner. The runner has to be encumbered and the blocker block the other team's runner. First runner to make it back to the bank and unload their mats win.

lol nice.

Can someone do magic and resend their emails?

Uzik
Grand Inquisitor Diplomatypus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slavyn on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Accepted, Welcome to Abso.

Slavyn
Battlefield 4/Origin:  xWildWoodx
XBox One: Ix TiTAN xl (ix Titan xL)

Slavyn
silk boxers