Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall!

+3
Talth
Uzik
paxprobellum
7 posters

Go down

Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall! Empty Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 am

I just got done playing SWTOR (huge waste of time by the way) and I was wanting for another MMO. I paid for a month of RIFT and cancelled my suscription in about six minutes of having logged in.

How's darkfall doing? Are any communities still up and playing?

I was wondering because I kind of want to come back to play but I don't want to waste another fifteen dollars on something not worth my time.

thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall! Empty Re: Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall!

Post by paxprobellum Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:14 am

Yes, we play Darkfall. It's doing just dandy -- hop in, the water is warm.
paxprobellum
paxprobellum
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall! Empty Re: Found you guys online and heard you are active in Darkfall!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 am

paxprobellum wrote:Yes, we play Darkfall. It's doing just dandy -- hop in, the water is warm.

I'll refine my question in order to give you a chance to better answer. I am a midrange (a few weeks playtime I think) melee warrior build with decently raised skills. Even after that though, I was essentially worthless in pvp because everyone macroed for 20 hours straight and had massively higher skills than I had.

Is that still such a huge factor? I enjoyed Darkfall but it ruined it for me, also the lack of community around me since finding a group to party with was difficult.

I also can't remember if there were servers, I don't THINK there was but I don't remember. Which begs the question of whether or not I could play with you at all if I did decide to come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzik Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 am

The community is great if you join a clan. Not much in the way of random parties though.

The grind is still an issue, but you can get your HP, melee, archer and heals up to a PvP level in a few weeks.

Uzik
Grand Inquisitor Diplomatypus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:45 am

Uzik wrote:The community is great if you join a clan. Not much in the way of random parties though.

The grind is still an issue, but you can get your HP, melee, archer and heals up to a PvP level in a few weeks.

I'm still debating on the dollars but it's a likely scenario that I'll come back.

I'm American EST time, would I see any of you guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Talth Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 am

I am, most of us are I think. You'll see us quite often actually. I know you can find people scattered throughout the day and usually into the night until about 2:00 AM.

You should come play. At least give it a try. The more the merrier! Welcome!
Talth
Talth
canadian unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Z1P Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 am

How's the population of darkfall doing guys? When I quit last year the population seem to be at an all-time low. I talked to wild and he said you guys are with NME? What holds you guys live out of?

Not sure if I should resub or not.

Z1P

Z1P

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartlebe Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 am

The population in the starter areas is low but all the cities, hamlets and villages have people at them. Skirmishes, fights and sieges happen often with plenty of people involved.

I am a newish character so maybe I can shed light. The road of character development in Darkfall is long. I only have some basic skills leveled up and I know I can't stand up in a 1v1 fight with a vet.

That being said, a large part of this game isn't 1v1 fights. Team work and strategy play huge, huge parts in the outcome of fights. Getting useful team abilities like the heals, buffs and learning how to function in a unit seem much more important. Don't let your characters skills stress you out.

Last edited by Bartlebe on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bartlebe
Bartlebe
SIGBRO JPG Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Owyn Magnus Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am

Pop is amned good. Sub up, seriously.

Owyn Magnus
Owyn Magnus
Big Dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Slavyn Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

We get involved in fights, seiges, events daily.

Pop is MUCH better than people are leading it on to be.

We have the following holdings currently:

CBay (Yssam)
Tirghan (Cairn)
Anjir (Cairn)
Shar Gal (Alfar Lands)
Ghanalaj (Ruby)
Jeradan (Elf Lands)
Rehnagar (MidMap)
Svartfjord (Dwarf Lands)

...that's all I can think of currently.

We're active, not really actively recruiting, but if you're a team player you're definitely welcome.

In Zip and Roop's case, they're both old Abso members who may be coming back home after 6+ months?

But yes, we're mostly all EST timezone NA / US / Canada players.

Times are sporadic through the day, but we're typically most active between 7pm - 2am EST, daily.

-Wild Wood.
Slavyn
Slavyn
silk boxers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

I really just want a community to play with, as it's by far the most imporant road to having fun in ANY MMO.

If I could find said community to tag along with, it would make going into Darkfall a uch more likely scenario is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slavyn Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Most of us know eachother's real names, families, work, etc etc

We have been playing together for a long time, in excess of 2 years.

I'd like to say we're a family or community, absolutely.
Slavyn
Slavyn
silk boxers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Slavyn wrote:Most of us know eachother's real names, families, work, etc etc

We have been playing together for a long time, in excess of 2 years.

I'd like to say we're a family or community, absolutely.

I'm a member of a gaming community known as the Sentinels and have been a member of their tight-knit group for about four years now. I have made great friends online who are now great friends in real life through said community.

I think we'll get along just find Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trammie Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 pm

roll with me bro, people come at me so i poop on them
Trammie
Trammie
doosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down